19 posts tagged "Tabitha Simmons"
In hopes that warm weather is on its way, I’m starting to invest in some spring footwear. Prada’s rhinestone heel is one of my favorites of the season, but there is no way I can survive on one shoe alone. For my everyday life, I’m investing in Tabitha Simmons’ white flats with little metal chains. They’re chic with an edge, and they’ll fit right in with everything I own. One thing they don’t go with, however, is snow. Like I said, I can only hope for better weather…
Tabitha Simmons Alexa leather chain-trimmed flats, $695, Buy it now
The only thing worse than last week’s subzero temps and blankets of snow? Discovering (via Instagram, naturally) that most of your friends are in fact enjoying white sand beaches, bronzed skin, and tropical drinks in some far-flung locale. At this point, we would be game for any warm-weather escape (especially with fashion week approaching in February), but the destination of choice seems to be Tulum, Mexico. We can’t quite explain how or when the ancient city became de rigueur for the fashion set, but we say: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Even if you’re just prepping for the warm months ahead, embracing the vivid florals, earthy jewelry, and splashy colors of Mexico might just distract you from the inclement weather outside your door. Shop our favorite Tulum-inspired pieces by Tabitha Simmons, Pamela Love, Aurélie Bidermann, and more, below.
1. Pamela Love “Empire Reflection” cuff, $299, available at shopbop.com
2. ALICE by Temperley “Poppy Story” silk-appliquéd crepe mini dress, $450, available at net-a-porter.com
3. ASOS bright floral embroidered clutch, $64, available at asos.com
4. Tabitha Simmons “Lou” silk-jacquard pumps, $845, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Aurélie Bidermann Pachacamac 18-karat gold-plated medallion necklace, $870, available at net-a-porter.com
Camouflage is oft associated with burly hunters or members of the armed forces, but after seeing the Fall ’13 collections, it’s become clear that the print is ripe for any occasion. Christopher Kane made our mouths water with his range of luxe camo wares, and thanks to designers like Michael Kors and Tabitha Simmons, the look has spiraled into a full-blown obsession. Don’t blend into the crowd—stand out with our picks from Proenza Schouler, Prism, and more, below.
1. Michael Kors camouflage jacquard and stretch crepe dress, $1,425, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Prism Capri sunglasses, $381, available at matchesfashion.com
3. Christopher Kane wool camo biker jacket, $5,441, available at matchesfashion.com
4. Tabitha Simmons Early camouflage-print suede ankle boots, $1,195, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Proenza Schouler PS11 classic satchel, $2,254, available at farfetch.com
After holographic shoes and accessories popped up at Stella McCartney’s Resort ’13 presentation, we were instantly hooked. Lucky for us, multihued mirror finishes still feel fun and fresh a full year later. By sticking with simple silhouettes, designers have managed to make these eye-catching pieces remarkably wearable, too. Go bold with a light-reflecting skirt or scintillating sweatshirt, or add just a touch of shimmer with an iridescent mani. Shop all our favorite flashy pieces by Milly, Tabitha Simmons, and more, below.
1. Stella McCartney metallic top, $645, available at www.mytheresa.com
2. Milly Edith hologram leather pencil skirt, $625, available at www.millyny.com
3. Essie Nail Polish in For the Twill of It, $8, available at www.nordstrom.com
4. Tabitha Simmons Bailey hologram high-heel sandals, $1,129, available at www.matchesfashion.com
5. Kotur Morley reflective iridescent lizard-effect clutch, $560, available at www.net-a-porter.com