20 posts tagged "Tabitha Simmons"
Among your many high-heeled activities, we imagine pounding on a drum set is not one of them. But rock ‘n’ rollers were exactly who Tabitha Simmons had in mind when she designed her Spring ’14 collection. The designer’s new lace-up stilettos, low-heeled brogues, flat booties, and strappy pumps—all in stark black and white—combine her signature feminine flair with a shot of attitude. To give her shoes a proper stage, Simmons teamed up with YouTube drumming sensation Meytal Cohen for her latest video campaign, above, which debuts exclusively here. “We wanted a musician who makes use of their feet to highlight the shoes and felt a drummer was the best type of musician to do so,” Simmons told Style.com. “I wish I played an instrument,” she added. “I think that’s why I’m so fascinated by musicians.”
The Tabitha Simmons SS14 collection will be available at Lane Crawford and TabithaSimmons.com beginning March 18.
In hopes that warm weather is on its way, I’m starting to invest in some spring footwear. Prada’s rhinestone heel is one of my favorites of the season, but there is no way I can survive on one shoe alone. For my everyday life, I’m investing in Tabitha Simmons’ white flats with little metal chains. They’re chic with an edge, and they’ll fit right in with everything I own. One thing they don’t go with, however, is snow. Like I said, I can only hope for better weather…
Tabitha Simmons Alexa leather chain-trimmed flats, $695, Buy it now
The only thing worse than last week’s subzero temps and blankets of snow? Discovering (via Instagram, naturally) that most of your friends are in fact enjoying white sand beaches, bronzed skin, and tropical drinks in some far-flung locale. At this point, we would be game for any warm-weather escape (especially with fashion week approaching in February), but the destination of choice seems to be Tulum, Mexico. We can’t quite explain how or when the ancient city became de rigueur for the fashion set, but we say: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Even if you’re just prepping for the warm months ahead, embracing the vivid florals, earthy jewelry, and splashy colors of Mexico might just distract you from the inclement weather outside your door. Shop our favorite Tulum-inspired pieces by Tabitha Simmons, Pamela Love, Aurélie Bidermann, and more, below.
1. Pamela Love “Empire Reflection” cuff, $299, available at shopbop.com
2. ALICE by Temperley “Poppy Story” silk-appliquéd crepe mini dress, $450, available at net-a-porter.com
3. ASOS bright floral embroidered clutch, $64, available at asos.com
4. Tabitha Simmons “Lou” silk-jacquard pumps, $845, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Aurélie Bidermann Pachacamac 18-karat gold-plated medallion necklace, $870, available at net-a-porter.com
Camouflage is oft associated with burly hunters or members of the armed forces, but after seeing the Fall ’13 collections, it’s become clear that the print is ripe for any occasion. Christopher Kane made our mouths water with his range of luxe camo wares, and thanks to designers like Michael Kors and Tabitha Simmons, the look has spiraled into a full-blown obsession. Don’t blend into the crowd—stand out with our picks from Proenza Schouler, Prism, and more, below.
1. Michael Kors camouflage jacquard and stretch crepe dress, $1,425, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Prism Capri sunglasses, $381, available at matchesfashion.com
3. Christopher Kane wool camo biker jacket, $5,441, available at matchesfashion.com
4. Tabitha Simmons Early camouflage-print suede ankle boots, $1,195, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Proenza Schouler PS11 classic satchel, $2,254, available at farfetch.com