21 posts tagged "Tabitha Simmons"
Though we’re hesitant to use the word “normcore,” our summer shopping list consists of pure, easy basics. Think straight-leg white jeans, crisp popover shirts, and the perfect flat sandal. Simplicity is the move. However, we’re also the first to admit that summer presents an opportunity to have fun with your wardrobe—who can say no to the bold colors, lush prints, and embellished bags to accent those sleek warm weather wares? Everyone needs balance in their lives, so for simple basics with a little something extra, we’re inspired by girly, retro eyelet styles. From a navy broderie skirt to a must-have laser-cut bag, the sweet design is a fun and youthful departure from the expected. Shop our favorite eyelet pieces by Alaia, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Madewell, and more, below.
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors eyelet-cotton top, $100, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Madewell oversized Hepcat shades, $55, available at madewell.com
3. Alexander McQueen bonded laser-cut cotton skirt, $4,088, available at matchesfashion.com
4. Tabitha Simmons floral Leticia sandal, $695, available at editorialist.com
5. Alaïa New Vienne laser-cut leather bucket bag, $1,365, available at matchesfashion.com
Among your many high-heeled activities, we imagine pounding on a drum set is not one of them. But rock ‘n’ rollers were exactly who Tabitha Simmons had in mind when she designed her Spring ’14 collection. The designer’s new lace-up stilettos, low-heeled brogues, flat booties, and strappy pumps—all in stark black and white—combine her signature feminine flair with a shot of attitude. To give her shoes a proper stage, Simmons teamed up with YouTube drumming sensation Meytal Cohen for her latest video campaign, above, which debuts exclusively here. “We wanted a musician who makes use of their feet to highlight the shoes and felt a drummer was the best type of musician to do so,” Simmons told Style.com. “I wish I played an instrument,” she added. “I think that’s why I’m so fascinated by musicians.”
The Tabitha Simmons SS14 collection will be available at Lane Crawford and TabithaSimmons.com beginning March 18.
In hopes that warm weather is on its way, I’m starting to invest in some spring footwear. Prada’s rhinestone heel is one of my favorites of the season, but there is no way I can survive on one shoe alone. For my everyday life, I’m investing in Tabitha Simmons’ white flats with little metal chains. They’re chic with an edge, and they’ll fit right in with everything I own. One thing they don’t go with, however, is snow. Like I said, I can only hope for better weather…
Tabitha Simmons Alexa leather chain-trimmed flats, $695, Buy it now
The only thing worse than last week’s subzero temps and blankets of snow? Discovering (via Instagram, naturally) that most of your friends are in fact enjoying white sand beaches, bronzed skin, and tropical drinks in some far-flung locale. At this point, we would be game for any warm-weather escape (especially with fashion week approaching in February), but the destination of choice seems to be Tulum, Mexico. We can’t quite explain how or when the ancient city became de rigueur for the fashion set, but we say: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Even if you’re just prepping for the warm months ahead, embracing the vivid florals, earthy jewelry, and splashy colors of Mexico might just distract you from the inclement weather outside your door. Shop our favorite Tulum-inspired pieces by Tabitha Simmons, Pamela Love, Aurélie Bidermann, and more, below.
1. Pamela Love “Empire Reflection” cuff, $299, available at shopbop.com
2. ALICE by Temperley “Poppy Story” silk-appliquéd crepe mini dress, $450, available at net-a-porter.com
3. ASOS bright floral embroidered clutch, $64, available at asos.com
4. Tabitha Simmons “Lou” silk-jacquard pumps, $845, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Aurélie Bidermann Pachacamac 18-karat gold-plated medallion necklace, $870, available at net-a-porter.com