2 posts tagged "The Kooples"
Laundry day just got a whole lot more interesting, thanks to Annabelle Dexter-Jones’ directorial debut.
In this short film, Dexter-Jones and on-and-off beau André Saraiva (a.k.a. graffiti star Mr. André) strip down to their skivvies in a New York Laundromat before hitting the streets of Manhattan—and one plush-looking mattress. While the video shares some whimsical DNA with New Wave films of the sixties (it was backed by Gallic go-to The Kooples), it’s 100 percent NYC in spirit. “I wanted to capture the spontaneity of New York City, but I also wanted to create something fun and cheeky,” Dexter-Jones told Style.com. “It was the first time I directed anything, and it was a challenge to act, because the whole time I just wanted to be behind the camera. But I learned a lot, and I’m definitely going to continue to make more [videos].”
Watch the exclusive premiere of What Comes Around Goes Around, above, exclusively on Style.com.
Embroidery was all over the Fall 2012 runways, from Proenza Schouler in New York to Erdem in London and Stella McCartney and Balmain in Paris. No need to reach for your own embroidery hoop—we’ve rounded up five of our favorite wearable embroidered pieces from The Kooples, Nicholas Kirkwood, and more, for this season and beyond.
1. Vanessa Bruno jacket, $1,065, available at www.netaporter.com
2. Alice by Temperley shirt, $435, available at www.netaporter.com
3. The Kooples embroidered jeans, $230, available at www.thekooples.com
4. Alexander McQueen bag, $,2455, available at www.marissacollections.com
5. Nicholas Kirkwood heels, $1,695, available at www.saksfifthavenue.com
To view more looks, click here.