10 posts tagged "Tibi"
Although “festive dressing” doesn’t typically appear in our sartorial repertoire, we’re guilty of making exceptions for truly great finds. It would be wrong not to add a jingle-bell pump or tinsel-covered clutch to your party ensemble. Ditto for the perfect crimson circle skirt or timeless fir-green lace blouse. Our tip for staying chic throughout the holiday season? Maintain a touch of irony; anything too precious runs the risk of looking like a Christmas ornament. Shop our favorite festive pieces by Charlotte Olympia, Valentino, Tibi, and more, below.
1. Henri Bendel crystal-spike stud earrings, $48, available at henribendel.com.
2. Kotur Margo bell-embellished clutch, $450, available at net-a-porter.com.
3. Tibi pleated silk faille skirt, $525, available at net-a-porter.com.
4. Valentino Chantilly-lace blouse, $1,980, available at mytheresa.com.
5. Charlotte Olympia Jingle Bell Dolly velvet platform pumps, $945, available at net-a-porter.com.
“I felt there was a void for fine jewelry with a casual attitude that doesn’t feel ‘precious,’” said Tibi’s Amy Smilovic of her first foray into bijoux. Available from today, the breakout effort is a collection of three pieces made in collaboration with Los Angeles-based designer Anita Ko. The partnership came about spontaneously after a chance meeting and brainstorm session last summer. At that point, Smilovic was already a long-time fan of Ko’s jewels “because they were luxurious, but not out of place with jeans and an oversize sweatshirt,” she told Style.com. “Her designs are pared-down and practical with a bit of an edge—all attributes I use to describe Tibi’s aesthetic. So when I was ready to create jewelry with our brand’s DNA, it made sense to do this with Anita.” The new capsule includes a “floating” earring, which mimics the look of a multi-piercing cuff, as well as a dagger pendant, and square, stackable rings that sit above the knuckle. Each style comes in 18 karat gold (rose, white, or yellow) and features micro-pave diamonds—a Ko signature. The made-to-order wares, which range from $3,000 to $6,000, will be sold exclusively in Tibi’s Soho flagship store and on Tibi.com.
Around the Style.com offices, we are all excited about finally getting to wear our new fall clothes (the ones we spotted at the runway shows that feel light-years away at this point). For the chilly days ahead, we have rounded up the perfect outfit. From Pierre Hardy’s color-blocked booties to Versus’ perfectly distressed denim and a rocker-chic jacket from Faith Connexion, this is one look that you can wear over and over again. See the essentials below.
1. Tibi sweater, $495, available at www.tibi.com
2. Christopher Kane clutch, $571, available at www.farfetch.com
3. Faith Connexion jacket, $1,530, available at www.intermixonline.com
4. Versus denim, $525, available at www.netaporter.com
5. Pierre Hardy boots, $1,375, available at www.netaporter.com
To view more looks, click here.
Just when we thought the sneaker trend was on its way out, another pair made it onto our radar. This time it’s the work of Tibi designer Amy Smilovic, who created a street-chic capsule collection for bloggers and It girls like Elin Kling, Miroslava Duma, Caroline Issa, Taylor Tomasi Hill, and Poppy Delevingne. Smilovic used iconic styles from Converse and Vans as her canvas and infused them with Tibi’s signature prints. Think black and white daisies, pastel florals, and bright optical patterns (pictured). But Kling, Duma, et al. are not the only ones who are lucky enough to rock these sneakers. Starting today, the collection will be available on Tibi.com, where you can personalize a pair complete with your own initials. At just $125 each, you may even want to buy two.
When Alexander Wang sent his models down the Fall 2012 runway, he may have set the tone of the season. That same deep burgundy, on his leather coats and separates, is just hitting stores in ready-to-wear and accessory form. From pointy-toed Tabitha Simmons booties to Tibi printed trousers, we’ve rounded up six must-haves in the of-the-moment oxblood color.
1. Versus dress, $1,125, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Balenciaga bracelet, $225, available at www.barneys.com
3. Alexander Wang sweater, $750, available at www.forwardforward.com
4. Chanel Vamp nail polish, $26, available at www.shop.nordstrom.com
5. Tibi pants, $425, available at www.net-a-porter.com
6. Tabitha Simmons bootie, $1,495, available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com
To view more looks, click here.