22 posts tagged "Tom Binns"
Punk is back with a vengeance. With the Costume Institute’s forthcoming exhibition at the Met, and Moda Operandi’s exclusive punk-themed capsule collection launching May 2, fashion is feting the subculture’s enduring impact. Although some might see the revival more as commodification than celebration, isn’t punk’s anti-fashion just another fashion statement? After all, even the pioneers of punk leveraged irreverent DIY designs to create both community and dissonance. In the spirit of rebellion (and the Met Gala next week), shop our studded and spiked evening wares, from Elie Saab, Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, and more, below.
1. Elie Saab gown, $6,515, available at www.stylebop.com.
2. Tom Binns earrings, $1,677.59, available at www.farfetch.com.
3. Givenchy cuff, $975, available at www.luisaviaroma.com.
4. Alexander McQueen clutch, $2,325, available at www.farfetch.com.
5. Valentino slingback, $1,295, available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com.
6. Joomi Lim necklace, $495, available at www.matchesfashion.com.
In the event that you didn’t get your “punk” fill during the Fall ’13 collections, Charlotte Dellal has got you covered. Just in time for the Met Ball, the Charlotte Olympia designer reveals her collaboration with jeweler Tom Binns. Featuring house signatures updated with Binns staples like safety pins and neon, the riotous capsule is badass but infused with a bit of cheeky banter.
“Dolly Riot gives you no excuse not to go out and party the night away!” said Dellal, referring to her recessed-platform best seller, which the designers have studded entirely in pins. Fans of her Kitty flats can embrace the anarchy, too—Binns gave the embroidered cat motifs a very smart-alecky set of nose and ear piercings.
“His designs are so distinctive. And I love the way he combines elegance with an anti-conformist sentiment,” said Dellal of Binns’ work. “I am also a big believer of his phrase ‘More is more!’”
Charlotte Olympia x Tom Binns will be available, from May 2, exclusively at Charlotte Olympia’s Mayfair and Manhattan stores, www.charlotteolympia.com, Jeffrey New York, and Moda Operandi. Prices range from $795 to $1,695.
If you’ve been following the holiday countdown, you’ve realized that Christmas is but a week away, and New Year’s isn’t far behind. While some of us will unwind with staycations, others are spending the holiday in faraway places—places where the sun is shining and you can’t see your breath when you walk outside. If you’re lucky enough to be headed for the beach, warm weather wares are a must. Trade in that sweater for a bathing suit, swap your snow boots for sandals, and shop our picks from Lisa Marie Fernandez, Pierre Hardy, Proenza Schouler, and more below. And for even more holiday travel essentials, take a peek at Marina Larroude’s Shopping Guide.
1. Lisa Marie Fernandez bikini, $438, available at www.matchesfashion.com
2. Proenza Schouler T-shirt, $245, available at www.netaporter.com
3. Current/Elliott shorts, $178, available at www.forwardforward.com
4. Tom Binns earrings, $300, available at www.kirnazabete.com
5. Pierre Hardy wedges, $675, available at www.netaporter.com
To view more looks, click here.
In terms of costume jewelry, we have seen everything from neon Swarovski necklaces to spike bracelets to studded leather cuffs in the past few seasons. This week in Paris, I was excited to see something truly refreshing at Eddie Borgo, Tom Binns, and Ca & Lou (pictured): Classic gold chain pieces are back. (And if they say three’s a trend, then we certainly have a new one coming this spring.) Punky ladies: It’s time to invest in a cleaner look. But not to worry, you can still layer these sleeker bracelets in multiples on each wrist.
When it comes to summertime jewelry, the brighter, the better. A neon-hued choker or fluorescent cuff is the perfect accent to any warm-weather getup. From Tom Binns to Dannijo, we’ve rounded up our favorite neon baubles, below.
1. Dannijo bracelet, $230, available at www.ssense.com
2. Tom Binns earrings, $115, available at www.netaporter.com
3. Matthew Williamson necklace, $287, available at www.ssense.com
4. Shourouk cuff, $308, available at www.farfetch.com
5. Bauble Bar studded ring, $62, available at www.baublebar.com
6. Kate Spade earrings, $98, available at www.nordstrom.com
To view more looks, click here.