123 posts tagged "Valentino"
Fashion is dead set on fixing up Rome. The Eternal City has seen some wear and tear over the past few millennia, and last year both Fendi and Tod’s stepped in, vowing to restore the Trevi Fountain and the Colosseum, respectively. Jewelry house Bulgari is the latest Italian brand to jump on the save Roma bandwagon, announcing today that it is donating 1.5 million euros to facilitate the restoration of the iconic Spanish Steps, an 18th-century landmark in the center of the city. The pledge is meant to commemorate Bulgari’s 130th anniversary. It’s fairly admirable that the three abovementioned houses—each of which has Roman roots—are working to better the ancient metropolis. Your move, Valentino.
In case you missed it, pink is having a major moment this year. We fell in love with the bold pops of fuchsia at Alexander Wang, Thakoon, and dozens more Fall ’14 shows, and off the runway, we lost track of how many girls sported pastel pink coats and rosy accessories. In our book, pink looks pretty all year round. This spring, we’ll be wearing the hue head-to-toe for a sweet-meets-sophisticated look—e.g., a bubblegum jumpsuit with patent kitten heels—or in small doses with a flushed lip or translucent sunnies. Shop our favorite pink pieces from Valentino, Ray-Ban, Catherine Malandrino, and more, below.
1. Catherine Malandrino Favorites Strapless Silk Jumpsuit, $425, available at neimanmarcus.com
2. Ray-Ban Ice Pop Sunglasses in Pink, $160, available at neimanmarcus.com
3. Sisley Paris Phyto-Lip Twist in Baby, $50, available at neimanmarcus.com
4. Oscar de la Renta Bold Pear-Shaped Drop Clip-On Earrings in Sorbet, $295, available at neimanmarcus.com
5. Valentino Rockstud Patent Low-Heel Slingback in Pink, $945, available at neimanmarcus.com
Even though spring is (hopefully) right around the corner, we always get end-of-season shopping ideas from Tommy Ton’s street-style photos. The Fall ’14 scene was as inspiring as ever, and we’re already planning our wardrobes accordingly for next season. For starters, the only way to brave New York’s Polar Vortex was with a bright, bold fur (real or faux). The array of eye-catching styles we saw rendered our standard puffers and peacoats pretty much useless. Comfort and warmth took priority in other ways, as well: We saw a lot of dressed-up denim, especially loose, light-wash boyfriend styles. And instead of teetering around in stilettos, pointy-toe flats became our chic, walkable go-tos. Novelty clutches are still the must-have accessory, especially Charlotte Olympia’s trompe l’oeil camera clutch, which would turn more than a few lenses your way. Top off your look with a pair of rainbow-mirrored sunnies and you’ll blend right in with the style set. Shop our favorite (and sometimes aspirational) pieces from Saint Laurent, The Row, Valentino, and more, below.
1. Saint Laurent fox fur coat, $23,500, available at mytheresa.com
2. Oliver Peoples Braverman x The Fashion Guide sunglasses, $550, available at mytheresa.com
3. The Row Ashland mid-rise slim jeans, $550, available at net-a-porter.com
4. Valentino Rockstud leopard-print calf-hair point-toe flats, $995, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Charlotte Olympia Flashback brass and textured-leather clutch, $2,595, available at net-a-porter.com
Valentine’s Day gets a bad rap, however it’s not the worst excuse to wear pink and red. But who says you can only wear V-Day’s palette and prints once a year? Burberry Prorsum’s Fall ’13 collection proved heart motifs have real staying power, especially when shown on a luxe camel trench or oxblood sweater. Paired with a patent leather pencil skirt, the result is far from cutesy—in fact, it’s even a little sexy. Of course, throwing in a candy-shaped clutch or glittery heels never hurt anyone—we’re all for having a little sartorial fun. Shop our favorite Valentine’s Day pieces from Valentino, Lanvin, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. Burberry Prorsum silk-blend sweater, $1,403, available at mytheresa.com
2. Lanvin “Love” two-finger ring, $720, available at neimanmarcus.com
3. Valentino patent pencil skirt, $2,690, available at net-a-porter.com
4. Miu Miu glitter-coated pumps, $650, available at mytheresa.com
5. Charlotte Olympia arm candy “Be Mine” perspex clutch, $1,295, available at net-a-porter.com