Style.com
26 TOTAL POSTS

Mexico City

Mexico

IMG_9023
L’Officiel, the family-owned French fashion magazine, recently launched its Mexican edition with a party at Mono nightclub, and it looks like the magazine will justify the fanfare. Editor in chief Pamela Ocampo explained that the publishers had initially suggested having only 30 percent original content, with the other 70 percent coming from L’Officiel Paris, but she convinced them to flip the numbers around. “Mexico right now is living a really cool moment,” she said, so she wants to make sure the magazine reflects that. The first issue boasts several big-name Mexican photographers, and there will be more to follow. Another reason that L’Officiel should stand out is that “most of the international magazines here are American,” Ocampo said, “L’Officiel is the only one with a true French essence.” With Mexico fashion week happening right now, L’Officiel’s timing looks good.

For more information, visit lofficielmexico.com.

Photo: Courtesy of Hamish Anderson

More Posts From Mexico City

Cities