Shop The Look: Punk and Circumstance
Punk is back with a vengeance. With the Costume Institute’s forthcoming exhibition at the Met, and Moda Operandi’s exclusive punk-themed capsule collection launching May 2, fashion is feting the subculture’s enduring impact. Although some might see the revival more as commodification than celebration, isn’t punk’s anti-fashion just another fashion statement? After all, even the pioneers of punk leveraged irreverent DIY designs to create both community and dissonance. In the spirit of rebellion (and the Met Gala next week), shop our studded and spiked evening wares, from Elie Saab, Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, and more, below.—Eve Marie Blazo
1. Elie Saab gown, $6,515, available at www.stylebop.com.
2. Tom Binns earrings, $1,677.59, available at www.farfetch.com.
3. Givenchy cuff, $975, available at www.luisaviaroma.com.
4. Alexander McQueen clutch, $2,325, available at www.farfetch.com.
5. Valentino slingback, $1,295, available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com.
6. Joomi Lim necklace, $495, available at www.matchesfashion.com.